To start this forum topic, we are introducing the three types of powder manufactured at Tethon 3D: earthenware (terra-cotta), stoneware and porcelain. A compatible binder is also manufactured and all three may be used with ZCorp powder/binder jet printers. Happy to answer any questions!
1. Print Object with Tethonite Powder and Tethon Binder. Remove loose powder.
2. Dry in conventional oven 1-12 hours (removing more powder as object dries).
3. Bisque Fire at Cone 6 (2200F / 1200C).
4. Shake well Part A (surface sealant). Dip object 2 times, let dry.
Non water tight glazed object:
5. Kiln Fire at Cone 06 (1850F / 1000C) . Glaze and fire at appropriate temperature.
Watertight glazed object:
5. Shake well Part B (slip) Apply 1 coat by dipping or brush. Dry. Kiln Fire at Cone 06 (1850F / 1000C) . Glaze and fire at appropriate temperature. Tethonite is suitable for other finish options, including ceramic decals, raku, wood and other firing methods.